Thursday, February 3, 2011

Email Post Trial

I can't believe how today is going. Instead of having delicious spaghetti dinner leftovers, I had to eat out on my lunch due to arguing with the local bureaucracy known as the probate court.
The husband and I got married on Dec. 8 with a friend of ours officiating. The court said that that's not good enough, despite state statutes saying ( according to my interpretation) that if the marriage is legal in all other respects, then it constitutes as a legal marriage. The court is so wishy-washy on the phone too - " we're not saying your marriage isn't legal or valid...." to which I replied " if you won't give me a certificate then that's exactly what you are saying!"
It's just so frustrating - the actual day of the wedding was a nightmare from Hell. And now this. I've been telling everyone I was married, filed my taxes as such and then there's this hassle. I might even have to not work one day to take care of it.
Despite her ineptitude, the person I spoke to said the judge IS looking into a solution and will email us those things today. I told her if they didn't, they'd be hearing from me again tomorrow. :3
Sigh. Legal systems are such labyrinths. And I could tell the person really didn't give a shit about me or my situation. Protip as someone who has worked in retail and customer service: if you can't do your job or hate it so much that you want to be an uncaring, condescending jerk, just quit. With the current unemployment rates, I'd say there's someone with a WAY better personality who'd be more than happy to have your job and government benefits.
Is this really what my taxes pay for ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Email Post Trial

I can't believe how today is going. Instead of having delicious spaghetti dinner leftovers, I had to eat out on my lunch due to arguing with the local bureaucracy known as the probate court.
The husband and I got married on Dec. 8 with a friend of ours officiating. The court said that that's not good enough, despite state statutes saying ( according to my interpretation) that if the marriage is legal in all other respects, then it constitutes as a legal marriage. The court is so wishy-washy on the phone too - " we're not saying your marriage isn't legal or valid...." to which I replied " if you won't give me a certificate then that's exactly what you are saying!"
It's just so frustrating - the actual day of the wedding was a nightmare from Hell. And now this. I've been telling everyone I was married, filed my taxes as such and then there's this hassle. I might even have to not work one day to take care of it.
Despite her ineptitude, the person I spoke to said the judge IS looking into a solution and will email us those things today. I told her if they didn't, they'd be hearing from me again tomorrow. :3
Sigh. Legal systems are such labyrinths. And I could tell the person really didn't give a shit about me or my situation. Protip as someone who has worked in retail and customer service: if you can't do your job or hate it so much that you want to be an uncaring, condescending jerk, just quit. With the current unemployment rates, I'd say there's someone with a WAY better personality who'd be more than happy to have your job and government benefits.
Is this really what my taxes pay for ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Sponsored by Free Web Space